Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm Cuckoo for Bootcamp!

I loved Lilla Rogers' Make Art That Sells (B) class so much, that when she announced her new Assignment Bootcamp, I signed up immediately. Her briefs are so fun and the talent among the students really pushes me to do my best work. And a looming deadline always helps!


Our first assignment was cuckoo clocks. So many fun elements to explore. And I love clocks. The final design needed to work on a smart phone case. I knew I wanted to explore both a placement graphic and a repeat pattern. The graphic designer in me also wanted to include text.

In the end, the placement graphic stole the show. I'll be ordering this for my iPhone. But I think it would also be really cute for kids pajamas, with patterned leggings. Don't you?

Here are my repeat patterns in various colorways:





No comments:

Post a Comment