Monday, November 18, 2013

Make Art That Sells - Week 5 Party Paper



For the final week at Lilla Rogers School, she asked us to design party plates, napkins and cups. We were to take our inspiration from Ukrainian and Bavarian folk art. I'm familiar with Swedish folk art, but not so much Ukrainian. Searching the internet, I found some really beautiful paintings by Maria Primachenko, you can find some of her work here. She has a very vibrant color palette and her images are more intricate and detailed than you see in Swedish folk art.

This was the week where I had the least amount of time to complete the assignment, as we traveled to Arizona to visit family. I focused on creating a collection that I would buy for a party. Something bright, colorful and graphic. I would love to revisit this assignment and create new designs that include birds, perhaps in a more typical folk arrangement.

All in all, I really loved this class. Stay tuned for my next post summing up what I learned....

No comments:

Post a Comment